The compact, space saving vertical four-pass shock-proof design has no tubes to loosen or burn out. The Hurst Vertical Tubeless Boiler allows convenient access to "eye high" burner and solid-state controls for trouble free operation. Factory assembled and fully automatic. UL and ASME CSD-1 approved. Simple and inexpensive to install.
- The waterside openings are located in the most effective positions. The lower handholes offer far better access for both cleanout and inspection.
- These more functional locations avoid the obstructing handhole “tunnels" used by our competitors.
- The top opening offers a strategic view of the furnace crown sheet.
More Steam Storage
- Capacity to handle swing and spike loads – quick recovery - quick response.
- The larger steam-release surface is calmer, reducing carry over of unevaporated water.
- The resulting drier steam also reduces system scaling.
- In addition, dry steam helps to eliminate unnecessary extra condensate. Energy and fuel are saved. Longer life results.
- The gases leaving the furnace are split four ways and travel through four individual serpentine fin passages to the stack outlet.
- Each quarter of the heat travels its own four-pass path (see illustration below).
- Heat transfers evenly to the fins and boiler shell, eliminating the metal stress due to uneven heat transfer common in other designs.
This illustration shows the progression of four gas paths around the circumference of the boiler shell.