Hot Water Applications
- Specifiable using the attributes of the LPE design.
- Remains classified as a modified scotch, firetube type boiler.
- Efficiencies tested at >83% on natural gas.
- Smaller foot print, can be installed in tighter places.
- Semi wet-back construction.
Three pass design for 30 psi hot water (available for 60 psi water). Factory assembled with trim and, tested in accordance with ASME code, UL, and CSD-1 codes. Steel turbulators inserted in third pass for maximum heat transfer control.
Standard Boiler Trim
Kunkle safety relief valve, operating temperature control, high limit temperature control with manual reset, 3 1/2″ combination pressure & temperature gauge, M&M 750 low water cut-off control with manual reset.
UL listed with pre-piped, wired and factory tested forced draft power burners for:
- Natural Gas
- Propane (LP) Gas
- No. 2 (Diesel) Oil
- Combination Gas/Oil
Hurst “Performance” Boiler
- Factory Assembled, Prewired and Tested
- No Field Assembly Required.
- UL Listed Boiler/Burner Packages.
- Fully Assembled, Pre-piped, Prewired, Pressure Tested Gas Trains
- Complies with ASME, UL, CSD-1 and ASHRAE Standards
- High Efficiency, Low Stack Temperatures.
- Customer Service Support Through National Network of Sales, Service, St Training and Parts by Factory Representatives.
LPW Boiler Features
Modified Scotch designed to fit through a standard 36″ x 80″ door opening Up to 125 HP (4,184 mbh output).
The Hurst LPW “Performance” boiler is America’s most heavily designed and built boiler in its class. Consider the features and specify the Hurst LPW Series.
- A welded steel firetube boiler, the LPW has extra-heavy 13-gauge tubes for extended life. All tubes are attached to the tube sheets by rolling and flaring. There are no welded tubes in the LPW.
- Thickest materials used in the industry.
- Boiler shell is 5/16″ thick boiler plate 30-40 HP / 3/8″ 50-125 HP.
- Twin boiler tube sheets are 1/2″ thick boiler plate.
- Insulation is 2″ ceramic wool and is lagged with 22-gauge boiler jacket.
- Extra heavy 4″ channel iron boiler skids.
- Designed to last with special industrial grade features.
- Couplings are 3,000 psi.
- Flanged, detachable front and rear smoke boxes.
- Brass nuts on front access panels, brass plugs in factory pre-piped crosses and tees on trim.